Chorizo and Bacon Stuffed Potatoes
- 1 pack Caribbean Passion Chorizo sausages
- 1 pack Caribbean Passion streaky bacon
- 4 Large Irish potatoes
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Green or red bell peppers sliced
- 1 Medium yellow onion sliced
- 1½ tsp Kosher salt
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- Mix of cheddar and pepper jack for sprinkling, to taste
- Chopped cilantro for sprinkling, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Thoroughly wash the potatoes and pat dry. Pierce them all over with a fork and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until soft and a fork easily reaches the middle of the potato, about 1 hour depending on the size of the potatoes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers, onions, salt, and paprika, and cook until the vegetables are softened, about 15 mins.
- Add the chorizo and cook, breaking up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until fully cooked, about 10 mins.
- Split each sweet potato down the middle with a knife and push open at the ends to make a pocket. Stuff the sweet potatoes with the chorizo mixture, sprinkle with some cheese and cilantro, and serve.
- The leftovers will keep for a few days, covered, in the refrigerator.