Oven Poached Eggs in Jerk Tomato Sauce
- 4 Smart Eggs
- 4 medium Irish Potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- Sea Salt
- 2 tbsp Olive oil divided
- 1 large Onion finely diced
- 1 can Diced Tomatoes
- 1/2 cup Water
- t tsp Jerk Marinade
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Parboil potato chunks for 10 minutes, drain, cool down slightly and toss with one tablespoon of olive oil to coat. Season potatoes to taste with a sprinkling of sea salt, layer on a baking tray and place in the oven to roast for 15 minutes.
- While potatoes are baking, prepare the sauce by sautéing chopped onions in one tablespoon of olive oil until soft, stir in jerk marinade then add the diced tomatoes and water. Bring to a boil then simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove potatoes from oven and pour the hot tomato sauce into the baking tray, move the potatoes around the make four spaces and crack the Smart Eggs into them.
- Place the baking tray back into the oven and continue cooking for 7-8 minutes or until the eggs are poached in the sauce.