PANKO-BREADED PORK CHOPS
- 4 Smoked Copperwood Pork chops
- 1 Chippenham Egg
- 1 cup bread crumbs (panko)
- 2 tbsp freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced sage
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 tsp minced sage and a few whole leaves for garnish
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1. Lightly beat the egg in a shallow bowl.
- 2. Fry the sage for 1 minute in a large non-stick pan with a drizzle of oil.
- 3. On a plate, toss the panko with the Parmesan, sage, ½ tsp of salt and 1/8 tsp of pepper.
- 4. Season the pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip the chops in the egg and then press them into the seasoned crumbs to coat.
- 5. In a large non-stick skillet, heat the olive oil until shimmering. Add the chops and fry over moderate heat, turning occasionally, until golden brown and cooked through, about 10 mins.
- 6. Add the whole sage leaves and fry for a few seconds, just to crisp, but not burn. Transfer the chops and sage leaves to a platter and serve with your favourite sides.