- 1 box Ziti Pasta
- 1 pack Copperwood Bacon Sausage
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 medium sized onion
- 1 tsp Scotch Bonnet Pepper, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp Pepper Jelly
- Fresh Thyme
- 2 tbsp Butter
- 2 tbsp Flour
- 2 cups milk
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan Cheese
- 1/3 cup Mozarella Cheese
1. Boil Ziti Pasta to al dente.
2. Thinly slice bacon sausages and add it to a saute pan with 1/2 tbsp vegetable oil over medium heat. Saute until the sausage becomes evenly browned.
3. Remove pan from heat and set the sausage aside.
4. In a large sauce pan, add butter, onions, garlic and scotch bonnet pepper.
5. Sauté until onions become translucent. Add pepper jelly and stir until it dissolves into butter mixture. Add flour and stir constantly for 2 minutes. Add milk slowly, whisking constantly to avoid any lumps and scorching. Once all the milk is added, stir frequently for a few minutes until mixture thickens.
6. Add bacon sausage and thyme and mix well.
7. Add both cheese and stir until they are completely melted into the sauce. Stir in ziti pasta to evenly coat each noodle. Garnish with extra cheese and fresh parsley. Enjoy.