Spinach & Feta Omelette
- 4 Smart Eggs
- 1 tbsp milk
- 1 cup spinach & amaranth (red callaloo) leaves, washed and dried
- ½ cup crumbled Feta
- 1 tbsp olive oil or cooking spray
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- ½ tbsp fresh thyme leaves
- Sea salt and fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Crack the eggs into a mixing bowl. Add milk, a pinch of salt and pepper and whisk to combine.
- Brush frying pan lightly with oil or cooking spray and place pan over medium heat. Pour in the egg mixture and spread evenly.
- Once the eggs start to set about 3 minutes, gently push any uncooked parts of the mixture to the centre of the pan to set and add half the spinach, amaranth, feta, chives, thyme salt and pepper on one side and fold in half.
- Add the rest of the filling and fold again, reserving a little feta and chives for the top. Cook for another 1- 2 minutes or until the eggs start to brown and are cooked through.
- Sprinkle top with lemon zest, chives, feta and add salt and pepper to taste.