Sweet and Spicy Boneless Leg Ham
- 1 Caribbean Passion boneless leg ham
- 6 slices pineapple
- 1 ¼ cup pineapple juice
- 1 cup sugar
- ¼ cup chopped red peppers
- ¼ cup chopped green peppers
- 2 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp lime zest
- 1. Completely defrost the ham, and preheat oven to 350.
- 2. Wrap the ham in layers of foil and place in a baking dish, have filled with water.
- 3. Bake ham for 6 minutes per pound.
- 4. Remove from oven and score the meat slightly and diagonally in a diamond patter to allow the glaze to permeate.
For the glaze:
- 1. Finely chop red and green peppers.
- 2. Combine pineapples, pineapple juice, sugar, Scotch Bonnet Peppers, salt and vinegar in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- 3. Pour mixture in a saucepan and cook until it forms a rich glaze.
- 4. Pour over the ham and place back in oven to broil at 500°F, continually basting until the glaze is stick and ham is golden.
- 5. Remove ham form oven, slice and serve.