PAN Chicken with herbs and lime
- 2 whole CB Chicken, cut in parts
- ½ tsp each onion, pimento, ginger powder
- 1tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 Juice of limes
- 2 limes for grilling
- 1 scotch bonnet, minced
- 3 stalks escallion, chopped
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1. In a bowl combine all ingredients, less chicken. Reserve half of the mixture for basting and rub the chicken thoroughly with the other half. Marinate for 2 – 24 hours.
- 2. Bring the marinated chicken to room temperature.
- 3. Oil the grill and heat. Place the chicken on the hot grill and sear each piece, skin side down, on the hot side of the grill for 8 minutes, turning until you have a good sear on each side.
- 4. Move each seared piece to the cooler side of the grill. Keep basting with the remaining marinade and grilled lime juice at intervals, and continue grilling for another 20- 30 minutes until juices run clear or the internal temperature of the chicken registers 160°F.
- 5. Serve with your favourite vegetables or with Hardo Bread.