Bacon Potato Scotch Eggs
- 7 Smart Eggs
- 2 pack Copperwood Extra Lean Bacon
- 1 potato
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ cup scallion, chopped
- ¼ cup onion, finely chopped
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 cup flour
- 2 cup crushed corn flakes
- oil for deep frying
- salt and black pepper to taste
- Chop the bacon into fine bits, fry in 1 tablespoon of oil until crispy and golden and set aside
- Bring a pot of water to boil, salt liberally and cook the potato until fork tender, drain water and set aside
- Boil 5 eggs for 7 minutes so that the yolk its jammy. Place eggs into a cold ice bath to stop the cooking process and allow them to completely cool
- In a large bowl mash, the potatoes add the bacon, cheese, scallion, onion, black pepper and red pepper flakes
- Peel and dry the eggs
- Portion the bacon potato filling into 5. With the help of cling wrap, wrap each boiled egg completely in the filling and twist to secure to form the shape. Place in the refrigerator for at least an hour. it can be made overnight.
- Heat the oil to 320-350 degrees F
- Beat two eggs and crush the cornflakes into fine pieces.
- Dip the ball into flour then egg and last cereal, fry until golden brown. Around 5 to 8 minutes
- Drain on a paper towel, slice and serve.
- Season the yolk with salt and black pepper.