CB Chicken - Bacon Wrapped Chicken Drumsticks
- 10 CB drumsticks
- 1 Pack Caribbean passion streaky bacon
- 2 lb Irish potatoes
- 3 tbsp oil
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Ground allspice
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- 1 tbsp Thyme leaves
- 3 tbsp Brown sugar
- 1 tbsp Onion powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
Garlic String Beans
- ½ lb to 1 lb string beans
- ¼ tsp Salt
- 4 Garlic cloves shredded.
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Clean the chicken drumsticks and remove the skin.
- Use a knife or a fork and poke holes in the flesh of the drumsticks
- Season with the allspice seasoning
- Wrap each chicken drumstick with a piece of bacon and set aside. Some may have half a bacon strip others may have a whole.
- Wash peel and boil the potatoes in salted water for 7 minutes.
- Strain and pat dry the potatoes
- Preheat the oven to 375- 400 degrees F
- Place the potatoes and bacon wrapped chicken drumstick in a baking dish.
- Sprinkle the top of each bacon wrapped drumstick with the spiced sugar
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, once the top is golden, flip the chicken to the other side and cook for 15 minutes.
- Once the underside has some color, and the bacon is cooked on both sides flip back to the sugar side for a final 5 minutes
- Remove the roasted potatoes and chicken set aside, pour the pan drippings in a pan with a little water and cook until it’s a rich sauce, serve on the side or pour over the chicken
- For the string beans, heat a pan add oil and string beans saute for 3 minutes.
- Add garlic and salt, saute for another 5 minutes cover and turn off the heat, let the steam cook the string beans