Bad Dawg Toppers
- Whole pineapple, (to use as the bowl)
- 1 cup diced pineapple
- 1 cup diced bell peppers – any colour
- 1 cup diced Roma tomatoes
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup minced red onion
- 4 tbsp lime juice, (about 2 limes)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/8 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp Optional: diced jalapenos
- 1 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 lb Caribbean Passion Streaky Bacon
- 4 Chippenham Eggs
- Freshly ground black pepper and kosher salt
- 1 tbsp butter
- 4 hot dog buns, toasted
- 2 tbsp fresh chives
Hot Pepper Relish
- 3 cup chopped hot chili / scotch bonnet peppers
- 3/4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 1/2 small onion chopped
- 2 tsp yellow mustard seed
- Salt to taste
- 1 lb shredded veggies - cabbage, carrots, bell pepper, snow peas, broccoli slaw, Brussel sprouts, anything else you want) r roughly 6-7 cups
- 3 scallions, sliced
- 1 cup cilantro (or Italian parsley or mint) chopped
Asian Slaw Dressing
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey brown rice syrup, maple, or agave
- 1 tbsp soy sauce.
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 tbsp ginger, finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp chili flakes or chili paste
- Toasted sesame seeds
- roasted, crushed peanuts or cashews
- To make the pineapple bowl, cut about 1/3 of the pineapple off, leaving the stem attached to the larger piece of the pineapple. Make a cut around the outer edge of the pineapple fruit and make cuts across the middle too. Use a metal spoon to loosen and scoop out the pineapple chunks. Pour the extra juice out of the pineapple bowl so that it is empty.
- Dice enough of the pineapple chunks to make one cup of diced pineapple to be used for the salsa and save the rest for another use.
- In a small bowl, mix together diced pineapple, diced tomatoes, diced peppers, minced onions, chopped cilantro, lime juice, salt, and pepper.
- Transfer the salsa to the pineapple bowl for serving.
- In a medium skillet over medium heat, heat olive oil. Prick sausages all over with a fork and add to skillet in an even layer. Cook until golden on all sides, about 5 minutes per side. Set aside.
- In a medium nonstick pan over medium heat, cook bacon until crispy. Remove from heat and drain bacon pieces on a paper towel-lined plate, reserving about 1 tablespoon bacon fat in the pan.
- Return pan to medium heat and crack eggs inside. Season eggs with salt and pepper and cook until the whites are set, about 5 minutes.
- Butter hot dog buns. Add sausage and bacon, then top with eggs, chives, and hot sauce.
Hot Pepper Relish
- Add all ingredients to a large pan and heat to medium heat. Stir until the sugar dissolves. Bring to a light boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer about 25-30 minutes, or until liquid is reduced and absorbed into the mixture.
- Add to a jar and allow to cool. Serve!
- Toss slaw ingredients together in a large bowl. Add cilantro and scallions.
- Whisk Asian Slaw Dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.
- Pour dressing into slaw and toss well.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and/ or nuts.