Baked Tarragon Chicken with Tomatoes and Onions
- 8 large chicken thighs, bone in skin on
- 6 plum tomatoes, halved
- 6 medium onions
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1 bunch tarragon, chopped – reserve some for gravy
- 2 tsp whole grain mustard
- ¼ cup white wine
- Salt and pepper
- 1. Pat the chicken dry and season with tarragon salt, pepper. Marinate for 2 – 24 hours.
- 2. Heat the oven to 350°F. Place the chicken, tomatoes and onions in a glass oven proof dish and bake covered for 50 minutes or until internal temperature of the chicken registers 160°F. Set the chicken, tomatoes and onions on a plate and keep covered.
- 3. Pour off the pan juices into a saucepan. Add the ¼ cup of wine, mustard and the rest of the tarragon, and simmer for a few minutes until thickened.
- 4. Serve baked chicken, tomatoes and onions with tarragon gravy and your favourite sides.