Barbecue Chicken Foil Packets
For the Foil Packets:
- 4 4 CB Chicken breasts (boneless skinless, pounded to even thickness)
- Heavy duty foil
- Himalayan sea salt
- Black pepper to taste
- ½ tbsp Olive oil
- 1 chopped zucchini
- ½ red bell pepper cut into chunks
- ¼ red onion cut into small chunks
For the Barbecue Sauce:
- ½ cup cup barbecue sauce
- 1-2 tbsp compliant sweetener of your choice (honey, maple syrup, etc)
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp chili powder
- 1 ear of corn, kernels removed (leave out for low carb & keto)
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley for garnish
- 1. Preheat grill to medium-high heat or the oven to 425°F. Cut four 18” x 12” of foil and layout on a flat surface. Place one chicken breast in the middle of each piece of foil and divide the vegetables evenly into each packet, arranging them around the chicken.
- 2. Drizzle the chicken and vegetables with oil and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- 3. In a bowl, whisk together the barbecue sauce, sweetener, vinegar, chili powder, and smoked paprika. Brush sauce on both sides of the chicken, reserving enough for later. Sprinkle with half of the chopped parsley.
- 4. Fold the foil over the chicken and seal to close off the packets.
To Grill the Foil Packets:
- 1. Place foil packets onto grill and grill for 7-8 minutes, then flip over and grill for an additional 6-8 minutes until chicken is cooked through.
- 2. Remove from the grill and carefully open the foil packets. Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with fresh parsley and serve immediately
To Make the Foil Packets in the Oven:
- 1. Place foil packets on a baking sheet and cook for 25-35 minutes or until chicken is cooked through. Time varies depending on the thickness of the chicken. Remove baking sheet from oven. Brush chicken with reserved sauce and top with fresh parsley and serve immediately.