Brown Sugar Coffee Rubbed Spare Ribs
- 3 packs Copperwood Pork Spare ribs
- ¼ cup ground blue mountain coffee
- ¼ cup Jamaican brown sugar
- 1 tbsp. fresh thyme leaves
- 1 tsp red chilli powder (found in Indian stores) or cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 1 tsp freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 tsp sea salt
- Traditional BBQ sauce, to serve
- 1. Prepare rub by mixing ground coffee, brown sugar, thyme leaves, red chilli powder, onion powder, garlic powder, paprika, black pepper and salt. Make sure it is well combines. (Please note: You will have leftovers which you can store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks).
- 2. Sprinkle a few teaspoons of spice mix over the racks of ribs and rub all over. Marinate overnight or for at least a couple of hours.
- 3. When ready to cook, preheat oven to 300F and line a baking tray with foil and oil the surface.
- 4. Add seasoned ribs to the baking tray and bake for 1 ½ to 2 hours depending on thickness of ribs, baste at intervals. When ready, serve with a side of regular BBQ sauce for dipping.