Cajun Ribs With Rum BBQ Molasses Sauce
- 1 rack Copperwood pork ribs
For the Cajun Rub
- 2 tbsp paprika
- ½ tbsp salt
- 4 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 2 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp fresh thyme
- 2 tbsp cayenne pepper
For the dark BBQ rum sauce
- 2 cups BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup rum
- ¼ cup Molasses
- ¼ cup sugar
- Salt to taste
- 1. Mix all the BBQ sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- 2. Remove excess fat and the tough outer membrane from the ribs. Score bone side lightly in a cross-hatch pattern with a knife for extra flavor from the seasonings.
- 3. Combine all the Cajun rub ingredients in a bowl and stir well.
- 4. Pack the rub generously on both sides of the ribs and marinate for at least 2 hours.
- 5. Bring the ribs to room temperature before cooking. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- 6. Cover the ribs with foil and bake for 2 ½ – 3 hours or until the meat is tender and the internal temperature registers 150°F.
- 7. Heat the rum BBQ sauce just until it thickens. Pour over ribs and serve with sides of your choice.