Caribbean Passion Corned Pork & Cabbage Hash
- 2 cups Caribbean Passion Corned Pork
- 2 tbsp neutral cooking oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 garlic clove, minced
- 3/4 cup chicken stock
- 2 stakes chopped scallion
- 1 scotch bonnet pepper
- 1/2 tsp caraway seeds
- 1 lb waxy potatoes cut into small pieces
- 1 head green cabbage core removed, sliced 1-inch thick
- 2 tbsp cider vinegar, split in half
- In a wide bottomed pot over medium heat, get the oil hot and shimmery. Add in the corned pork and fry until golden brown all around. About 5 minutes.
- Add in the onion, scallion and scotch bonnet, garlic and sweat them until translucent and aromatic About 2 minutes. Stir in the chicken stock and caraway seeds and scrape up any browned bits from the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon.
- Pour in the potatoes, cabbage, and half of the apple cider vinegar. Cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked through and easily pierced with a fork.
- Remove the lid and simmer away any extra liquid so that the bottom of the pan is just barely covered with it. Stir in the last of the apple cider vinegar and season with salt and pepper.
- Serve hot with your favorite sides.