Copperwood Pork Meatball & Rigatoni Pasta
- 750 g Copperwood Pork Mince
- 400 g rigatoni pasta
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil (80ml)
- 1 onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, chopped
- 6 sprigs thyme, leaves picked
- 2 tsp fennel seeds, toasted and crushed
- 2 tbsp tomato paste
- 500 g truss tomatoes, chopped
- 150 g mozzarella cheese
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan (40g)
- Micro basil or basil leaves to serve
- Preheat oven to 220°C. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add the rigatoni and cook until al dente. Drain and then set aside.
- Roll minced poked into walnut-sized meatballs and then set aside.
- Heat 2 tbs oil in a large frypan over medium-high heat. Add the meatballs, season and cook, turning, for 6-8 minutes until browned all over. Remove from pan.
- Add remaining 2 tbs oil to the pan, reduce the heat to medium, then add the onion and cook 3-4 minutes until softened. Add the garlic, thyme and fennel seeds and cook for a further 1 minute, or until fragrant.
- Add the tomato paste and tomatoes and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add 1 cup (250ml) water, bring to a simmer, and cook 6-8 minutes until reduced slightly.
- Pour into an ovenproof baking dish with the meatballs and pasta, then stir to coat. Tear the mozzarella and dot over the top, plus scatter over the parmesan. Bake for 15 minutes or until golden and bubbling.
- Serve scattered with micro basil and enjoy!