Roasted Tandoori Whole Chicken
- 1 Whole CB Chicken
- ½ cup whole milk Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tbsp ginger, grated or minced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp ground turmeric
- 1 tbsp chili powder or paprika
- 1 tsp cayenne powder
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- ¼ cup minced cilantro, minced
- 1 tbsp salt (adjust to your liking) (adjust to your liking)
- 1 tsp sugar
- ½ cup cucumber, shredded (seeds removed)
- ½ cup whole milk yogurt
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- ½ tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1 tbsp honey
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ tsp salt
- 2 garlic cloves, shredded.
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Clean and butterfly the whole chicken by cutting along the backbone and removing the chest bone.
- In a medium sized bowl combine yogurt, lemon juice, ginger, garlic along with all herbs and spices.
- Mix well and coat chicken entirely in yogurt mixture. Especially under the skin
- Set aside to marinate for at least 30 minutes
- Arrange chicken on a baking sheet that is lined with a cooling rack (for extra crispy skin, no worries if you don’t own one).
- Bake chicken uncovered on centre rack for 1 hour or until internal temp of the chicken reads 165°F.
- For the Raita: Remove the seeds from the cucumber, shred and squeeze out excess water
- Add cucumber, Greek yogurt, fennel seeds, red pepper flakes, salt, honey, cilantro cumin and garlic, mix thoroughly and set aside in the refrigerator.
- Serve Roasted chicken with, naan bread, basmati rice and raita sauce on the side.