Caribbean Passion Jerk Sausage & Tomato Bake with Spanish Rice
- 8 Caribbean Passion Jerk Chicken Sausage
- 2 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (60ml) sherry or red wine vinegar
- 1 tbs brown sugar
- 2 bay leaves
- 250g cherry truss tomatoes
- 1/4 cup (40g) whole pitted black olives
- 2 tbs tomato paste
- 1 1/2 cups (300g) long grain white rice
- 1 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1 tbs finely grated lemon zest
- Preheat the oven to 200°C. Heat half the oil in a stovetop-safe, high-sided baking pan over medium heat. Add sausages and cook for 5 minutes or until they start to colour.
- Add canned tomatoes, vinegar, sugar and bay leaves, season and mix to combine. Top with cherry tomatoes and olives and bake for 30-35 minutes until sausages are cooked and tomatoes are blistered.
- Heat remaining 1 tbs oil in a medium saucepan with a lid over medium heat. Add tomato paste and cook, stirring frequently, for 1-2 minutes until colour darkens. Add rice, and cook, stirring for 2-3 minutes until rice is lightly toasted. Add 2 cups (500ml) water and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low, cover and simmer for 15 minutes or until tender. Remove from the heat and rest with lid on for 10 minutes. Stir through parsley, garlic, and lemon rind while rice is hot. Serve with jerk sausage and tomato bake.