Marbella Chicken Quarters
- 6 Ib CB Chicken Mixed Quarters
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cups red wine vinegar
- 1 cup large, pitted prunes
- 1 cup large green olives, pitted
- 1 cup dry white wine
- 1/2 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tbsp cold butter, cubed
- 1/2 cup capers
- 8 bay leaves
- 3 tbsp dried oregano
- 1 head garlic cloves, separated and crushed
- 1/2 small bunch parsley, roughly chopped
- Kosher salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large bowl, mix together oil, vinegar, prunes, olives, capers, bay leaves, garlic, oregano, 2 tablespoons salt, and 2 teaspoons pepper. Add chicken to marinade and cover tightly with plastic wrap. Transfer to the refrigerator and marinate for 2 to 6 hours, tossing mixture every few hours to ensure even marination.
- Preheat oven to 350°. Transfer chicken and marinade to a large roasting pan. Pour wine all over and sprinkle brown sugar over chicken.
- Bake chicken, basting every 20 minutes with pan juices, until chicken reaches an internal temperature of 150°, 50 to 60 minutes total.
- Increase oven to 500° and roast until chicken skin is deeply golden, about 15 minutes.
- Remove chicken, olives, and prunes onto a platter and cover loosely with foil. Transfer pan juices to a medium saucepan. Bring the liquid to a simmer over medium heat and let reduce by half, about 6 minutes. Season to taste with salt and pepper and whisk in cold butter and parsley.
- Serve chicken with a drizzle of pan juice reduction.