- 3 Caribbean Passion chorizo sausage links
- 3 hot dog buns
- 1 tbsp butter (for toasting buns)
- 2 red peppers
- ¼ tsp salt (to season peppers)
- ¼ cup scallions
- ½ cup shredded cheese
For the onion rings
- 1 onion
- 1 cup flour
- ¼ cup cornmeal
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- oil for frying
For the Sauce
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp mayo
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- Place the peppers on open flames andchar until black on all sides.
- Put into a dish and cover and allow it to steam.
- Peel away the charred skin, remove the stem and seeds and slice the peppers.
- Season with a few pinches of salt and set aside.
- Peel and slice the onions.
- In a bowl combine flour, cornmeal,salt, and paprika stir to combine.
- In another bowl beat together egg and milk.
- Toss the sliced onions in the flour mixture then into the milk mixture.
- Then back in flour and milk and lastly flour to get a good thick coating on each onion.
- Place in hot oil (350֯F) and fry until golden brown about 5 to 6 minutes.
- Drain on a paper towel and set aside.
- Mix all the sauce ingredients together and set aside.
- Simmer the sausages in some water until warmed through.
- Toast some hot dog buns in butter.
- Assemble by placing the chorizo sausage into the buns, splitting it down the centre and stuffing with shredded cheese, roasted red peppers, onion rings,scallion and drizzling the whole thing with cowboy BBQ sauce