- 1 pack Chorizo sausages
- 2 Chippenham or Smart Eggs
- Cooking oil
- 1 tbsp butter
- 3 slices of cheese
- ½ cup maple syrup
- 1 sprig rosemary
- 2 sage leaves
- Wonton wrappers
- Hot sauce, optional
- Add sage, rosemary and maple syrup to a microwavable bowl and heat for 1 minute. Cover and set aside.
- In a pan, warm the oil and cook the sausages until brown on all sides. Remove and allow to completely cool.
- Slice the cheese into 8 rectangles and whisk the eggs.
- Warm the butter in a wide frying pan. Add eggs and swirl pan so eggs become as thin as a crepe.
- Flip to cook the other side. Remove after cooked and set aside to cool.
- Slice the eggs into long rectangular strips (same width as the strips of cheese).
- Dice each sausage into 3 pieces.
- To assemble: wrap sausage in a slice of cheese, then in a slice of egg crepe.
- Turn the wonton wrapper diagonally, and wet edges with water.
- Place the sausage, egg and cheese in a corner of the wonton wrapper and roll forward to the centre.
- Fold the two sides of the wrapper inwards towards the center then continue to roll sausage tightly until its completely sealed. Pinch ends of wrapper to seal. Repeat for all sausage dices.
- Heat oil in a pan for deep frying. Add sausage wontons and fry until crispy and golden brown (about 30 seconds). Continually turn wontons while frying.
- Place on a cooling rack to drain any excess oil. Serve immediately with the rosemary maple syrup and hot sauce.
- Tip: You can assemble the wontons ahead of time, dust in a little corn starch, place in a freezer bag and freeze them. Then fry them in batches