Chorizo Mac & Cheese
- 3 Chorizo sausages
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- ½ cup sweet pepper slices
- ¼ cup onion sliced
- 2 garlic cloves shredded
- 1 tsp honey
- 2 cup dry macaroni
- 1 tbsp salt
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp flour
- 2 cup cheddar cheese
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tsp onion powder
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Slice sausages into bite sized pieces.
- Slice the onions and peppers, and shred the garlic.
- In a frying pan, heat the oil then add peppers, onions and sausage. Sauté together until the veggies are soft and the sausage is browned.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the shredded garlic and honey and set aside.
- Bring a pot of water to boil and add a tbsp of salt and cook the macaroni until al-dente.
- Strain the pasta, remove from pot and set aside. In the same pot, melt the butter and add the flour.
- After flour is dissolved, add the milk, onion powder and paprika, and bring to a boil. Allow the milk to slightly thicken, then turn off the heat and add the cheese.
- Season to taste with black pepper and salt.
- Once the cheese melts, add the macaroni, sautéed sausage and peppers.
- Stir to combine then serve hot.