Chorizo and Bacon Stuffed Potatoes
- 1 pack Caribbean Passion Chorizo sausages
- 1 pack Caribbean Passion streaky bacon
- 4 large Irish potatoes
- 2 tbsp Vegetable oil
- 2 Green or red bell peppers, sliced
- 1 Medium yellow onion, sliced
- 1 ½ tsp kosher salt
- 1 ½ tsp Kosher salt½ tsp smoked paprika
- ½ tsp Smoked paprika
- Mix of cheddar and pepper jack
- Chopped cilantro
- Preheat oven to 400˚F. Pierce washed potatoes with a fork and arrange them on a baking sheet.
- Bake until soft, about 1 hour depending on their size.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the peppers, onions, salt, and paprika. Cook until the vegetables are softened, about 15 mins.
- Add the chorizo. Break up the sausage with a wooden spoon, until fully cooked, about 10 mins.
- Split each potato down the middle with a knife and make a pocket. Stuff the potatoes with the chorizo mixture, top with cheese and cilantro, and serve.
- Tip: The leftovers will keep for a few days, covered, in the refrigerator.