Jerk Sausage Lasagna Roll Ups
- 1 Bad Dawg Jerk Sausages
- 1/2 box lasagna pasta, cooked
- 2 cups marinara sauce
- 1/2 cup red wine (optional)
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 cup onion, finely minced
- 7 cloves garlic, shredded
- 1/4 cup parsley, finely chopped
- 8 oz mozzarella, shredded
- 15 oz ricotta
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook the lasagna pasta to al dente. Rinse with cold water and set aside.
- Remove the casings from sausages and roughly chop.
- In saucepan, heat the oil and sauté the onions and garlic until fragrant.
- Add half the chopped sausages and stir.
- Add the marinara sauce and wine, cover on low and allow to simmer for 15 minutes for the flavours to infuse.
- To assemble, place a layer of sauce at the bottom of the baking dish.
- Spread ricotta cheese mixture along the length of the lasagna pasta, sprinkle with chopped jerk sausage and place into the dish, repeat until the pan is filled.
- Spoon more sauce over the top of the lasagna rolls followed by shredded cheese and parsley.
- Place in an oven for 15 minutes to allow the cheese to melt and become brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow it to rest for 5-10 minutes before serving.
Tip: Don’t overcook the pasta, if it’s too soft then it will rip and tear when trying to roll it up. Follow the packages directions for al dente, usually an 8-minute boil.