Chicken Teriyaki Bowl
- 1 fresh pack CB boneless chicken breasts
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1 tsp ground ginger, optional
- 1 tbsp sesame or vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp ginger, minced
- 2 tsp corn starch
Sides & Toppings
- Cooked white
- riceSteamed veggies (broccoli, carrots, sugar snap peas, plum tomatoes)
- White sesame
- Black sesame seeds (optional)
- Chopped scallions
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a bowl and set aside.
- Preheat 2 tbsp oil in a skillet, over medium high heat.
- Sear chicken breasts on both sides, until browned, approximately 2½ minutes per side.
- Remove chicken breasts from pan and add sauce mixture.
- Bring sauce to a boil, reduce by ½, until slightly thickened, add chicken to pan & cut the heat down to medium.
- Simmer until chicken is cooked through, approximately 8 minutes; & sauce is at desired thickness.
- Serve over white rice, with steamed vegetables & garnish with sesame seeds & scallions.