Coffee Pork Tenderloin with Pomegranate Glaze
- 1 ½ lbs Copperwood Pork Tenderloin
- ½ tsp paprika
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp finely ground coffee
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
For Pomegranate Glaze:
- 1 cup pomegranate juice
- Seeds of 1 pomegranate
- 1 tbsp pomegranate molasses
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 small onion – finely diced
- 2 springs of thyme
- 1 tsp sea salt and cracked pepper
- Preheat the oven to 365F (185C)
- Combine the coffee, brown sugar, 1 1/2 teaspoons salt, 1 teaspoon black pepper, garlic powder, crushed red pepper, cumin and paprika in a small bowl and mix well. Drizzle the pork tenderloin with 2 tablespoons olive oil and evenly sprinkle the rub all over, patting to adhere. Let marinate at room temperature for 30 mins.
- Put the pork in the center of a large cast-iron skillet or heavy ovenproof dish and broil for 10 to 12 mins, flipping the pork.
- Allow the pork to rest for 10 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat, add the onions and cook until soft and translucent.
- Add the rest of the ingredients to the saucepan, stir to combine. Bring to a boil, while stirring.
- Reduce the heat, stir for 5 – 7 mins or until the sauce reduces and thickens.
- Remove the thyme and serve the glaze with the coffee rubbed pork tenderloin.