Corned Pork Fritters with spicy pineapple ginger sauce
Makes 14 fritters
- ½ cup diced Caribbean Passion Corned Pork
- ¼ cup chopped scallion
- 2 shredded garlic cloves
- ¼ cup onion diced
- ½ cup red or green bell peppers diced
- 1 ¼ cup flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tsp paprika
- 2/3 cup water
- Oil for deep fryingFor the sauce
- 1 pineapple slice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 1 tbsp ginger
- ¼ scotch bonnet pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp water
- Blend all the ingredients for the saucetogether in a blender.
- Pour sauceinto apan over medium heat and cook until thick and rich.
- Set aside to cool.
- Dice corned pork, scallion, andpeppersas well as shred garlic.
- In a bowl, combine flour, salt, black pepper, onion powder, paprika, baking powder and add your diced corned pork, scallion, garlic and peppers. Then mix ingredients.
- Add water and mix until you have created a thick sticky batter.
- Heat oil to 375 degrees F.
- Scoop balls of batter out with an ice-cream scoop and drop in the hot oil.
- Fry for 8 minutes to allow the centre to cook and the outside to become golden brown and crispy.
- Remove from the heat and set aside to cool.
- Serve with sauce
- No pineapple? Or allergic? An easy sauce alternative is to warm some pepper jelly and pour over the fritters as a sauce