Corned Pork Stuffed Plantain Cups
- 1/2 lb diced Caribbean Passion Corned Pork
- 3 cups frying oil
- 1 green plantain
- 1 large onion, diced
- 1 bell pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp mayonnaise, optional
- 1 tbsp ketchup, optional
- Heat the oil in a large skillet.
- Peel the bananas and cut them into pieces.
- Fry the plantains in the hot oil until lightly browned, about 5 minutes.
- With the bottom of a bottle or a small skillet, press the bananas until they are flat, about half their size, then shape them into a cup.
- Fry the banana cups in the hot oil until golden brown then place them on a plate with napkins to drain the oil and sprinkle with a little salt.
- In a heated skillet, add bell pepper, onion, and corned pork. Cook for 2-3 minutes. Remove and set aside.
- Fill the plantain cups with the corned pork mix and top them with mayonnaise and ketchup if desired.