Double Pork Burger
- 2 lb Copperwood pork mince
- 1 shredded garlic clove
- 1 tbsp shredded ginger
- 1 tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp pepper flakes
- ½ cup shredded onion
- ½ cup mayo
- ¼ cup finely minced scallion
- Copperwood bacon jam
- 4-6 tbsp butter or oil
- 4 hamburger buns
- red onion slices
- In a bowl combine the pork mince, shredded ginger and onion, along with the salt, black pepper and red pepper flakes.
- Mix untilall ingredients areincorporated and portion into 8 balls.
- Place each ball between two sheets of parchment paper and smash untilflat about ¼ inch thickness.
- Place on anoiled hot grill and cook about 2-3 minutes per side, the juices should run clear,and the burgers should be nice and charred.Repeat until all the patties are cooked and set aside.
- Finely mince the scallion and mix with the mayo and set aside.
- Prepare the lettuce and finely slice the red onion.
- Add butter or oil to a pan and toast the hamburger buns until golden
- To assemble, spread the scallion mayo on the toasted buns, add the two pork patties, followed by onions,lettuce and bacon jam.
- You don’t have to cook allthe burger patties at once. You can freeze them with a layer of parchment between each sheet and cook at a later date.