BBQ stew pork bites
- 2 ½ to 3 lb Copperwood Bone-In Pork Stew
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ¼ cup oil
- 4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp ginger
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup scallion
for the sauce
- liquid from the cooked pork
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tsp molasses
- Wash and prep the pork, cut them into bite sized pieces.
- In a blender, combine the soy sauce, oil, garlic, ginger, scallion and vinegar
- blend until it is a smooth paste.
- Pour over the pork and mix it all together,coverand allow it to marinate for 15 minutes.
- Put the oven on broil, pour the entire contents in a pan and place in the ovenuncovered.
- Allow the pork to broil on all sides continually turning every few minutes to allow even browning.
- After about 35 minutes, reduce the temp to 350 F cover with foil and place back in the oven for an additional 35-40 minutes or until the pork is fall off the bone tender.
- Pour the juices from the pork into a sauce pan add the sugar and cook until it begins to slightly thicken.
- Toss the pork in the sauce and place back in the oven to broil for another 5 to 10 minutes to allow the sauce to caramelize on the pork and for it to become sticky.
- Serve with corn bread and slaw,or on top of some white rice with pickled veggies on the side