Makes 10 oz of jam
- 1 cup diced onion
- 2 garlic cloves shredded
- 1-2 tbsp oil
- 1 pack Copperwood Pork Extra Lean Bacon
- ½ brown sugar
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tsp molasses
- Dice the onions and shred the garlic.
- Heat up the oil, and fry the bacon until just golden
- Add the fried bacon to a food processor and set aside.
- In the same pan that the baconwasfried,add the onion and garlic.Sauté until the onion starts to soften.
- Stir in the brown sugar and vinegar and cook for 1 minute.
- Pour this mixture over the bacon.
- Blend in the food processor until the bacon pieces are very small, the mixture should resemble a thick paste or chutney.
- Pour the contents back into the pan along with molasses and honey.Cook on high heat for 3-5 minutes or until it has thickened.
- Place in a jar and allow it to cool.
- Eat with crackers, chips, put on sandwichesand onburgers.
- Store in the refrigerator for up to two weeks