The Ultimate Chub ham sandwich
- 6 slices Caribbean Passion Chub Ham
- ¼ cup mustard
- ¼ cup BBQ sauce
- ¼ cup honey
- 1 loaf hero bread
- ½ cup jack cheese
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 3 garlic cloves shredded
- 1 tbsp minced parsley
- 4 slices tomato
- Oil for the grill
- 1 cup mayo
- 1 ½ tbsp red wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbsp fresh minced oregano
- 1/3 cup cup parmesan cheese
- ½ cup jalapeno peppers finely chopped
- ½ cup red onions sliced
- 3 cup shredded lettuce
- Slice the chub ham into thin slices.
- In a bowl combine the honey, BBQsauce and mustard.
- In anotherbowl make the grinder salad, combine mayo, vinegar, syrup, salt, black pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano, parmesan cheese.Mixthoroughly.
- Add the jalapenos, red onion,and lettuce,then stir andset aside in the refrigerator.
- Oil the grill and char on both sides before basting with sauce, then continually flip and sauce until the sauce has caramelized and the ham slices are sticky (about 6-8 minutes).
- Melt the butter,parsley, garlictogetherand slice the hero bun and brush with garlic butter.
- Using a spoon press the centreand add cheese to both sides.
- Pop in an oven and broil until cheese is golden.
- Assemble by adding grilled ham slices, topped with tomato slices and the grinder salad.
- Close the sandwichand brush the top with more garlic butter.
- Slice into three and serve immediately