Guava Glazed Pork Chops
- 1 ½ lbs Copperwood Pork Chops
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- Salt and pepper
For Guava Glaze
- ½ cup guava jam
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tbsp diced onion
- 1 tbsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp finely minced garlic
- 1 tsp n finely minced ginger
- Preheat the grill.
- For the guava glaze: Place a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add guava jam, lime juice, onion, soy sauce, garlic, and ginger. Cook for about 5 minutes or until slightly reduced. Remove from the heat and set aside.
For the pork chops:
- Season one side of the pork chops with salt and pepper.
- Lay the chops, seasoned side down on the hot side of the grill and season the other side of the chops.
- Close the lid and grill for 6-7 minutes. Then flip the chops and grill the second side for another 6-7 minutes.
- minutes. Flip the chops, glaze the second side, and grill another 2-3 minutes.
- Continue to flip and glaze until the pork chops reach an internal temperature of 160 F, about 10 minutes more.