Rosemary Lime Chicken
- 1 bag CB mixed parts (11-12 pc)
- 2 tbsp lemon pepper seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
- 1 tsp paprika
- 3 tbsp oil
- 1 tbsp onion powder
- 1 tbsp ground pimento
- 4 tbsp oil
- 4 rosemary stalks
- 1 tbsp lime zest
- 2 tbsp lime juice
- ¼ cup tbsp honey
- ½ cup white wine
- 4 crushed garlic cloves
- Clean the chicken, pat dry and season with all the seasoning ingredients
- Allow it to marinate for at least two hours, overnight best
- Preheat the oven to 350 degree F (If finishing in the oven)
- In an oven safe pan add oil over medium high heat
- Add the chicken and allow it to brown on both sides
- Once the meat is golden on both sides, add wine, lime zest, lime juice, honey, rosemary, the remaining seasoning marinade liquid and garlic cloves, directly overtop the chicken.
- Give the pan a few shakes, flip the chicken and allow the wine, lime juice, marinade and honey to deglaze the pan and create a sauce for the chicken to simmer in.
- Reduce the heat to medium low and cover, allow it to simmer for 40 minutes on the stovetop, or transfer it to the oven and allow it to cook (covered).
- Make sure to check on it every 10 minutes to make sure the sauce isn’t drying out too much
- If the sauce is evaporating too fast, reduce the oven temperature to 320 and add a few more splashes of wine and allow it to continue cooking. If cooking on the stovetop a steady medium low temperature gauge will have the sauce thick and rich without evaporating and drying out
- Whether it’s done on the stovetop or oven, once the chicken is fully cooked, tender and the sauce is thick and rich, serve over a bed or rice or mashed potatoes.