Penne with Caribbean Passion Italian Sausages
- 2 packs Caribbean Passion Italian sausages
- 3 cups Uncooked penne pasta
- 8 Small plum tomatoes halved
- 2 cups Tomato pasta sauce
- ¼ cup Shaved parmesan cheese
- 1 cup Fresh basil ½ chopped, ½ reserved whole leaves
- 1 tbsp Fresh oregano chopped
- 2 cloves Garlic minced
- 1 tbsp Olive oil
- Brush a stovetop grill pan or barbecue grill with oil and heat. Grill sausages on medium heat for 8 -10 minutes, turning frequently. Add halved tomatoes to the grill for the last 4 minutes, grilling 2 minutes per side. Set sausages and tomatoes aside and keep warm.
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on package.
- Heat the oil on medium heat. Add oregano and garlic, spin for 1 minute taking care that the garlic does not burn. Add the pasta sauce and heat through.
- Cut sausages in ½ inch slices.
- Once the sauce is hot, turn off the heat and add sausages, tomatoes and pasta to the sauce and toss.
- Serve in bowls, topped with parmesan and reserved basil leaves with a fresh green salad if desired.