Pepperpot Pot Soup with Chub Ham
- 1 pack Happy Foods Pepperpot soup
- 1 Caribbean Passion Chub Ham, sliced in chunks
- Vegetables of choice: Peeled and diced yellow or white yam, carrots, coco, cho-cho, okras
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil or butter
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 stalks of escallion, chopped
- 6 pimento berries
- Small bunch of thyme
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 12 spinner flour dumplings
- 1 whole Scotch Bonnet pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add oil or butter to a large cooking pot and bring to medium heat. Add onion, escallion, pimento, okras, and thyme and sauté, stirring gently until onions are soft and translucent. Add the garlic and stir for another minute.
- Add 1 pack CB happy foods Pepperpot soup and the coconut milk to the spices and okras and bring to the boil.
- Add the peeled vegetables and the spinners to the pot. Cover and simmer until the vegetables have softened and the soup has thickened. Stir at intervals. Add the whole pepper and the chub ham chunks for the last 10 mins of cooking, taking care that the pepper does not burst when stirring. Check and adjust seasoning and salt.
- Serve hot bowls of soup along with Hardough bread or your favourite crackers.