Stewed Peas with Copperwood Salted Pork Belly
- 1 ¼ packs Copperwood Pork Salted Pork Belly (approx. 1lb)
- 2 cups red peas
- 1 Scotch Bonnet Pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 cups coconut milk
- Spinner flour dumplings
- 2 stalks escallion
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 tbsp flour
- 6 pimentos
- 3 cloves garlic
- Salt and pepper
- Boil and drain salted pork belly in a medium size pan.
- Place peas, pork and garlic together in the pan. Boil until peas are tender, about 1½ hour.
- Add coconut cream, spinners, carrots and seasoning and cook for about an hour.
- Season to taste.
- Thicken the mix with 3 tbsp of flour combined with ¼ cup water. Strain the mixture into the stew.
- Boil until it thickens. Serve with rice and enjoy!