Pineapple Pepper Jelly Ham
- 1 Caribbean Passion bone-in leg ham (or your favourite ham)
- 2 cup pineapple juice
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 lime (zest)
- 1 lime juice
- 3 Scotch Bonnet Peppers
- 2 cup fresh pineapple
- ¼ tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove all the packaging and nets from the ham.
- Wrap the ham in several layers of foil and place in a baking pan. Fill the baking dish with water.
- Place ham in the oven to warm, 10 mins per pound (6-8 mins for a boneless ham).
- Chop the pineapple into cubes and mince the Scotch Bonnet Peppers.
- In a saucepan combine, pineapples, pineapple juice, lime juice, lime zest, scotch bonnet peppers, and salt. Boil until it becomes a light syrup.
- Remove ham from oven, discard water and remove foil.
- Peel away the skin and carve off the desired amount of fat. Using a sharp knife, score the fat diagonally.
- Pour the pineapple pepper sauce over the ham, making sure to tuck the pineapple chunks under the ham so they don’t burn as the ham caramelizes.
- Increase oven temperature to 475°F – 500°F. Add the ham, occasionally basting until golden and caramelized.
- Remove from oven when it has reached the desired color and set aside to rest before carving.
- Reserve the pineapple pepper jelly that has thickened and formed at the bottom of the pan. It will be chunky; you can also blend it into a smooth paste.
- Serve the pepper jelly on top of ham slices.