Peach Bourbon Ham
- 1 Caribbean Passion bone-in leg ham (or your favourite ham)
- 1 cup peach schnapps (peach liquor)
- 2 cups bourbon
- 1 ½ cup brown sugar
- 6 peaches, sliced
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove all the packaging and nets from the ham.
- Wrap the ham in several layers of foil and place in a baking pan. Fill the baking dish with water.
- Place ham in the oven to warm, 10 mins per pound (6-8 mins for a boneless ham).
- In a saucepan combine, half the sliced peaches, peach schnapps, bourbon, and brown sugar.
- Boil until it becomes a light syrup. When the peaches are tender, mash with a potato masher or fork.
- Remove ham from oven, discard water and remove foil. Peel away the skin and carve off the desired amount of fat.
- Using a sharp knife, score the fat of the ham diagonally. Pour the peach bourbon syrup over the ham.
- Add the remaining peach slices in the pan to cook with the ham.
- Increase oven temperature to 475°F – 500°F. Add the ham, occasionally basting until golden and caramelized.
- Reserve the sauce in the bottom of the pan and the caramelized peach slices for serving.
- Allow the ham to rest before carving.
- Add a few tbsp of peach schnaps to the finished sauce for a burst of peach flavour.