Mango Glazed Roast Chicken
- 1 whole CB Chicken, rinsed and pat dry
- 1 ripe mango, peeled and cut into 1” cubes
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp dried thyme
- 1 onion, peeled
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tbsp butter
- 2 tsp salt
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Rub chicken all over with the butter and salt. To make the marinade, place the remaining ingredients in a food processor and chop until a chunky consistency.
- Place chicken breast-side down in a roasting pan and pour marinade over the top. Place pan in the oven.
- After about 20 mins, turn the chicken breast-side up and spoon some of the marinade over the top.
- After another 10 mins, turn oven down to 350°F. Baste again and continue to roast until a thermometer inserted into the thigh reads 165°F. Continue basting every 15 mins. Total cooking time shouldn't be much more than 1 hr, depending chicken size.
- Remove chicken from the pan and let rest on a platter or carving board for 5 mins. Carve and enjoy.