Rum and Brown Sugar Glazed Ham
- 1 Caribbean Passion ham (Bone-in leg, bone-in picnic, or boneless leg ham)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup your favourite dark rum
- 1. Completely defrost the ham, and preheat oven to 350°F.
- 2. Wrap the ham in layers of foil and place in a baking dish, half filled with water.
- 3. Place ham in oven and heat ham for 10 minutes per pound.
- 4. Remove from oven, peel away the skin and carve any excess fat.
- 5. Score the meat slightly and diagonally in a diamond patter to allow the glaze to permeate.
For the glaze:
- 1. Combine the brown sugar and rum and occasionally stir for 10 minutes, allowing the sugar to dissolve and the rum becomes darker.
- 2. Pour rum syrup over the ham, allowing it to seep into the scored cuts.
- 3. Optional: sprinkle a dusting of brown sugar over the ham.
- 4. Place the ham back in the oven on broil at 500°F.
- 5. Continually baste the ham with the drippings until it is golden brown and the glaze becomes thick syrup.
- 6. Remove the ham from oven, slice and serve.