Sorrel Pepper Jelly Glazed Leg Ham
- 1 Medium bone in leg ham
- ½ lb sorrel
- 1 tbsp grated ginger
- 6 whole cloves
- 3 cups + 1/3 cup water
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ½ tsp salt
- 2 cups cinnamon
- 1-3 scotch bonnet peppers
- Blend sorrel and peppers into small bits and add it to saucepan with ginger, cloves, salt, 3 cups water, sugar and cinnamon.
- Boil until sorrel is really soft and liquid has slightly thickened. Mix ¼ cup corn starch with 1/3 cup water
- Pour corn starch mixture into sorrel and simmer until it has thickened to your liking
- Remove from heat and cool overnight
- Cook ham according to package instructions. In the last 15 minutes of cooking, remove the ham from the oven and glaze 3 times, returning to the oven after each glaze
- Remove from oven, glaze once more and allow to rest 10-15 minutes before slicing.