Sweet Heat BBQ Quarters
- 4 chicken quarters
- 3 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tsp black pepper, onion, garlic and ginger powder
- 2 tsp smoke paprika
- 2 tsp cayenne pepper
- ¾ cup BBQ sauce
- 2 small scotch bonnets
- Thoroughly combine all dry ingredients and generously sprinkle all over chicken quarters
- Refrigerate uncovered, 8 hours to dry brine chicken and dry out skin
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before roasting, to come to room temp. Preheat oven to 450 ֯ F. Pat dry and roast for 10 minutes, then drop the oven temperature to 400 ֯ F; and continue for approximately 20 minutes
- Add BBQ sauce and cut peppers to a saucepan and gently simmer for 10 minutes.
- Glaze chicken 3 times, returning to oven after each glaze; for 5 minutes.
- Remove chicken from oven and rest for 5 minutes before chopping.