Christmas Ham with Pineapple Glaze and Sorrel Pineapple Sauce
- 1 bone-in Caribbean Passion ham
- 1 cup water
- 2 tins pineapple slices
- 2 cups pineapple juice from slices
- 1 cup golden syrup
- 1 ¼ cups brown sugar
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 1 jar sorrel jam
- 1 cup fresh sorrel flowers
- Whole cloves
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Remove the rind and excess fat. Place ham in a baking pan on baking rack. Add water and 1 cup of the pineapple juice. Cover with foil and bake for an hour.
- Combine ¼ cup of the pineapple juice with the golden syrup, sugar and mustard. Set aside.
- Remove the baking pan from oven and drain the pan juices and reserve.
- Using a sharp knife, score across the fat making a diamond pattern.
- Spread half of the pineapple syrup mixture over the ham and return to the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove from oven, brush with glaze and press a clove into each diamond.
- Bake uncovered for another hour, or until the internal temperature of the ham registers 150°F, basting with glaze every 15 minutes.
- For the sauce: To the pan juices, add the remaining pineapple juice, remaining syrup mixture and sorrel jam. Heat until warmed through and just thickened.
- Garnish ham with pineapple slices and fresh sorrel and serve with pineapple sorrel sauce.