Grilled Pineapple Ginger Chicken
- 1 pack CB Chicken Mixed Parts
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp black pepper and salt
- 2 Bell peppers, halved and grilled
- 1 whole pineapple, sliced and grilled
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
For Pineapple Ginger Sauce
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 3 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 2 tbsp granulated sugar
- 1 tbsp sesame oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can of crushed pineapple
- 1 2-inch piece fresh ginger minced
- 1 tbsp sesame seeds
- ¼ cup chopped scallion, green parts only
- For Chicken:In a large bowl, combine the cayenne pepper,1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper. Add the vegetable oil, chicken, bell peppers and pineapple slices to the bowl and massage seasoning. Set it aside
- To a medium saucepan over medium heat, add the soy sauce, vinegar, honey, brown sugar, granulated sugar, sesame oil, garlic, pineapple, and ginger and stir to combine. Cook over medium heat until reduced by half and thick enough to coat the back of a spoon, about 15 minutes. Cool slightly.
- Pour half of the cooled sauce over the chicken and bell peppers, reserving the other half for the finished chicken.
- Heat grill over medium-high heat. Place the chicken, bell peppers and pineapples on the grates in a single layer and cook until nicely charred. Transfer to a serving platter. Pour the remaining sauce over the cooked chicken.
- Garnish with the sesame seeds and green onions.