Honey Mustard Smoked chicken and potatoes
- 1 whole smoked chicken
- 2 tbsp salted butter
- 4 large potatoes (or 6 small)
- ¼ cup mustard
- 1 cup honey
- ½ tsp vinegar
- 3 sprigs thyme
- 3 Garlic cloves smashed
- ¼ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F
- Wash peel and slice the potatoes into wedge shapes
- n an oven safe skillet melt the butterover medium/high heat
- Add the potatoes, smashed garlic cloves than thyme to the melted butter
- Sauté and allow the potatoes to cookflipping every few minutes for even color
- The potatoes will get crispy and startto cook on the inside.
- while the potatoes are cooking in a bowl whisk together honey, mustard,vinegar, black pepper and red pepper flakes
- Make sure the chicken is fullydefrosted and cut into pieces (I only used the leg thighs and wings for thisrecipe)
- Once the potatoes are about 80 percentfully cooked remove the pot from the stove, place the chicken parts on top,pour the honey mustard sauce all over, cover with foil
- Then place in the oven for 15 minutesthis will thicken the sauce, finish cooking to potatoes and warm the chickenright through.
- Chicken and potatoes will bedeliciously sweet and sticky, Serve immediately.