Honey Roasted Chicken
- 1 Whole Chicken
- 1 ½ tbsp. salt
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp black pepper, onion, garlic and ginger powder
- 2 tsp paprika
- Few tbsp. softened, unsalted butter
- 2 tbsp melted butter
- ½ cup honey
- Juice of 1 large lime
- Step 1. Thoroughly combine all dry ingredients and generously sprinkle all over whole chicken
- Step 2. Refrigerate uncovered, 8-24 hours to dry brine chicken and dry out skin
- Step 3. Remove from refrigerator 30-40 minutes before roasting, to come to room temp. Preheat oven to 450֯F. Pat chicken dry and rub thin layer of the softened butter all over it.
- Step 4. Roast for 10 minutes, then drop the oven temperature to 400 ֯ F: and continue for approximately 45 minutes.
- Step 5. Combine honey, melted butter, paprika and lime juice in a container and glaze chicken 3 times, returning to oven after each glaze, for 5 minutes. Chicken should register 165 ֯ F in the thickest part of thigh.
- Step 6. Remove chicken from oven and rest for 10 minutes before cutting.