Italian Style Bad Dawg Sausages
- 4 Bad Dawg Sausages at room temperature
- 4 cups Cabbage shredded
- 2 Medium carrots peeled and grated
- 3 tbsp Mayonnaise
- 3 Pickled peppers finely chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tbsp Pickled-pepper juice, or more to taste
- ¼ tsp Kosher salt
- ⅛ tsp Black pepper
- 4 Hot dog rolls split
- ½ lb Provolone cheese sliced
- In a large bowl, toss together the cabbage, carrots, mayonnaise, the 3 chopped pickled peppers, pepper juice, salt and pepper. Let the mixture stand for 10 mins.
- Meanwhile, heat the broiler. Arrange the rolls, split side up, on a baking sheet. Line the inside of each roll with provolone. Arrange the sausages on the baking sheet next to the rolls. Put the sheet under the broiler. Cook until the cheese is bubbling and the sausages are warm, 1-2 mins (make sure the rolls do not burn).
- Place a sausage inside each roll. Top generously with coleslaw and sprinkle with additional pickled peppers. Serve any additional coleslaw on the side.