Pan Chicken with Herbs and Lime
- 2 Whole CB Chicken cut in parts
- ½ tsp Onion
- ½ tsp Pimento
- ½ tsp Ginger powder
- 1 tbsp Fresh thyme
- Juice of 2 limes + 2 limes for grilling
- 1 Scotch bonnet minced
- 3 Stalks scallion chopped
- ¼ cup Olive oil
- In a bowl combine all ingredients, less chicken. Reserve half of the mixture for basting and rub the chicken thoroughly with the other half. Marinate for 2 – 24 hours.
- Bring the marinated chicken to room temperature.
- Oil the grill and heat. Place the chicken on the hot grill and sear each piece, skin side down, on the hot side of the grill for 8 minutes, turning until you have a good sear on each side.
- Move each seared piece to the cooler side of the grill. Keep basting with the remaining marinade and grilled lime juice at intervals, and continue grilling for another 20- 30 minutes until juices run clear or the internal temperature of the chicken registers 160°F.
- Serve with your favourite vegetables or with Hardo Bread.