Garlic Ginger Pork Shoulder Roast
- 2 Whole heads garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped ginger
- 2 tbsp black pepper
- 6 cloves
- 1 tbsp thyme
- 1 tbsp pimento
- 3 tbsp salt
- 6 lbs boneless pork shoulder
- ¼ vegetable oil
- Combine all ingredients expect pork in a food processor, until a paste forms
- Rub paste all over pork and refrigerate 8-24 hours
- Remove pork from fridge 40 minutes before roasting to come to room temp and preheat oven to 425֯ F.
- Rub excess paste off pork and reserve
- Roast pork for 30 minutes. Drop the oven temp to 350 ֯ F and roast until cook through, approximately 30 minutes per pound. Cover and set aside fo 15 minutes before slicing.
- Add the reserved paste, juices from roasting tray and ½ cup water to a saucepan. Cook until liquid is reduced by half and serve with pork